Alphabet Photography Project New Zealand

Alphabet Photography Project | O is for Old Salt

Tuesday, December 29, 2015TheCambrians

Welcome to another installment of the 'Alphabet Photography Project' and the letter O. Since I can remember, O has represented one more than any other - the ocean. From weekend trips to the family beach in Rhode Island when I was a child to my home for the last 15 years, the ocean has played an important role in my life and I hope it always will. But when I tried to find a picture that I wanted to share, I kept coming back to this one of David and a completely different word . . . Old Salt.

While I like nothing more than reminding David that he’s 17 years older than I am, I’m not using it in a derogatory manner but, rather, as a term of endearment. By definition, he’s an old salt. D’s been on the water since he was a young lad in Yorkshire (and believe me that was a long, long, looooong time ago) and has tens of thousands of miles and years of experience under his keel: He’s my captain and I trust him implicitly. 

This is one of my favourite pictures of David and one of the few I have of him sailing Cambria.
It was taken 12 years ago in New Zealand on one of those perfect sailing days when we were rounding
Cape Brett to enter the Bay of Islands.


You Might Also Like

0 comments